What is a torque wrench?
A torque wrench is a simple instrument that is used for tightening bolts and nuts by the specific use the of a torque to fasten the screw. These are used for various purposes like tightening leakages or underground repairs. The torque wrench is put to use when you need to tighten a screw. A Torque wrench is widely used in the car to use during breakdown situations. This is an important tool that one might like to keep inside his car. This comes in very handy when your car breakdown midway and you don’t have a mechanic around for miles.
How to choose the best torque wrench to be used on your Automobile Station?
Choosing the correct torque wrench for the car is very important. A torque wrench can be different shapes and sizes, but one needs, a specific size to suits the screws in his car. The best way to choose the right torque wrenches is by getting the features. Before you choose the best torque wrench for your car it is very important that you know the various types of wrenches. Things to determine the best torque wrench are-
1. Compare between two torque wrenches before you take a decision on one type. The features that suit your car would be the ideal one.
2. Sizes to Consider: Torque wrenches is put to use in various industries and different sized torque wrenches are used for different purposes. The range of torque in each device determines the sizes of the torque wrench. One generally uses the 3/8” Torque drive for cars. This size is ideal for any kind automobile transport. An ideal range in the automobile that is workable is 15-75 ft-pounds. This one size id quite versatile enough and saves the energy for looking out for something new.
3. The torque varieties: There are many varieties of the torque wrench that can be used in the market. 1. The electronically reach is highly used for easier control. It gives the digital calculation of the torque applied. The simplest and oldest for of torque wrench comes with the indicator is the beam torque wrench. These are normally heavier in weight than other and no wonder the cheapest variety.
4. Check for a warranty card from the manufacturing company. Any good torque wrench should have a minimum warranty of 1 year. With higher and common brands one can expect better warranty duration.
5. Check for the accuracy in the torque wrench. The torque wrench is supposed to have an accuracy limit of 5% and more. A re calibration of the torque wrench is very important to maintain the accuracy standards of a wrench.
6. The plastic torques are usually cheap in nature. But to do automobile work, one needs a hard torque wrench at the cheaper cost.
7. The bidirectional nature of torque wrench, known as ratcheting, gives the efficiency of work to the user of toque wrench.
8. Ensure that your torque wrench has the legible scale for visibility of the torque applied. They give digital readings.
9. Easy gripping means it is the best to use.